How do I fix windows not responding?
Step 1: Force shut down your Windows 7 computer when it's not responding. Be aware that a force shutdown may cause the unsaved data loss. Restart your computer and defragment your hard drive. Click the Start button> All Programs> Accessories> System Tools> Disk Defragment.
What to do if Windows 10 is not responding?
- Launch Task manager. Press the [Ctrl] + [Alt] + [Del] keys on your keyboard at the same time - alternatively, right click the Taskbar.
- Run a new Windows task.
- Run Windows PowerShell.
- Run the System File Checker.
What causes program not responding?
A computer that stops responding or freezes can be caused by many different problems. For example, a software or hardware conflict, lack of system resources, a bug, or a software or driver error can cause Windows to stop responding.
How do I restore a program that is not responding?
- When the application appears to freeze up, press Ctrl+Alt+Del to see if it's listed as "Not responding". ...
- Then, start the Application Recovery tool by clicking Start-->Programs-->Microsoft Office Tools-->Microsoft Office Application Recovery.
- The Application Recovery tool will list the running Office programs.
How do I troubleshoot Windows 10?
Get to safe mode and other startup settings in Windows 10
- Select the Start button, then choose Settings .
- Select Update & security > Recovery.
- Under Advanced startup select Restart now.
- After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart.