How do I Cancel a Payment Made Through PayPal?
PayPal users may sometime wish to cancel some particular payment due to different reasons. These payments can be recurring and subscription-related, or it can be an unclaimed or pending payment as well. It doesn't matter much that what kind of payment, a PayPal user needs to cancel, still they have the authority to do it. Moreover, this page is the best place to collect the most genuine data regarding canceling a payment, which is made by a person through PayPal. Therefore, refer to the steps discussed below to understand the accurate procedure of canceling a payment done through PayPal.
How To Cancel a Recurring or Subscription Payment?
A recurring or subscription payment is that which is already saved in the account of a PayPal user for the things which need to be paid in a particular time period. Hence, the steps for cancelling a subscribed or recurring payment is as listed below:
- Open the official web page of PayPal on a browser
- Then login to your account by entering a username and password
- Next, press settings icon from the upper right corner of home screen
- Now press the payments button from the list given under settings
- Then you will see a Manage pre-approved payment notification
- Next, select a particular payment by filtering through the available list
- Then the payment window of that particular bill will open next
- Hence, you will see the cancel button besides the status option
- Click the cancel button and a confirmation notice will appear on the screen
- Tap Yes for confirming cancellation of that payment
How To Cancel an Unclaimed or Pending Payment?
You need to follow a different procedure for cancelling those payments, which are either pending or unclaimed. Hence, the steps to cancel an unclaimed or pending payment on PayPal are enlisted below:
- Go to the PayPal web page from a browser
- Then sign-in to your PayPal account by providing the login credentials
- Now go to the activity tab available on the top panel of PayPal home screen
- Open the activity tab and then navigate towards the pending payments
- Next, select a particular payment from the list below the pending tab
- Then bill details of your pending payment will appear
- Now you have to click cancel button available with the status option
- Next tap cancel payment button and then press Yes on the confirmation screen
Hence, your query regarding how do I cancel a payment made through PayPal? explained above successfully by proofing the most accurate details on it. Apart from that, you can contact a technical expert from the customer care team of PayPal, who will guide you perfectly towards cancelling a pending or recurring payment with them. Besides, you can also ask the customer care representative of PayPal about any other difficulty you may be facing with your account.