How do I fix Mozilla Firefox not Responding?
You can try turning off hardware acceleration to see if it fixes the problem.
- Click the menu button and choose Options.Preferences.
- Select the Advanced panel and click the General tab.
- Uncheck Use hardware acceleration when available.
- Click the menu button and then click ExitQuit .
- Start Firefox the way you normally do.
Why does Firefox crash all the time?
Uninstall software known to cause crashes. Some programs are known to cause crashes in Firefox and other browsers. Check your computer and remove any malware or software that might be causing problems: Check the release notes to see if there are any known issues for your version of Firefox.
How do I reset Firefox to default settings?
How to reset Mozilla Firefox to default settings (Guide)
- In the upper-right corner of the Firefox window, click the Firefox menu button ( ), then click on the “Help” ( ) button.
- From the Help menu, choose Troubleshooting Information.
How do you restart Mozilla Firefox?
Click the icon that looks like three stacked lines at the top right of the browser window.
- Select the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
- Select 'Troubleshooting information' in the slide-out menu.
- Select the 'Reset Firefox' button at the top right of the new Web page.
Why Mozilla Firefox is not working?
This error is caused by a problem with Firefox program files. The solution is to remove the Firefox program and then reinstall Firefox. (This will not remove your passwords, bookmarks or other user data and settings which are stored in a separate profiles folder.) .C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox.
How do I fix not responding?
Step 1: Force shut down your Windows 7 computer when it's not responding. Be aware that a force shutdown may cause the unsaved data loss. Restart your computer and defragment your hard drive. Click the Start button> All Programs> Accessories> System Tools> Disk Defragment.
What is Mozilla Firefox crash reporter?
Firefox crashes - Troubleshoot, prevent and get help fixing crashes. A crash is what happens when Firefox closes or quits unexpectedly. After a crash, you should see the Mozilla Crash Reporter appear. Note: If Firefox is open but won't respond to any of your actions, then this is a hang, not a crash.
- How do I change settings in Firefox?
- How do you speed up Firefox?
- What does refresh Firefox do?
- How do I allow Firefox to access the Web?
- How do you close Firefox browser?
- Why My programs are not responding?
- Why MS Office is not responding?
- How do I clear everything from Firefox?
- How do I start Firefox in Safe Mode?
- How do I get out of Firefox Safe Mode?
- What is Safe Mode in Firefox?
- How do I reset my browser?
- How do I reset my Internet Explorer?