How do I fix WhatsApp Sync Error?
If your contacts' numbers are shown instead of their names, you might need to reset the WhatsApp sync with your contacts.
To do so:
- Open your phone's Settings, then tap Users & accounts > WhatsApp.
- Tap REMOVE ACCOUNT > REMOVE ACCOUNT.
- Open WhatsApp, then tap the new chat icon > More options > Refresh.
How do I sync my contacts to WhatsApp?
WhatsApp quickly and easily recognizes which of your contacts are using WhatsApp by accessing your phone's address book.
- Save a contact's name and phone number in your phone's address book.
- Open WhatsApp and go to the Chats tab.
- Tap the new chat icon > More options > Refresh.
How do you reset WhatsApp sync?
Here is how:
- Open Settings (available in your App Drawer).
- Go to Account > WhatsApp.
- In the new screen, tap on WhatsApp again.
- Press the Menu Button and choose Remove account.
- Go back to WhatsApp > Contacts > Menu Button > Refresh.