How Do i Fix Windows Not Updating?
Whenever you're having problems with Windows Update, the easiest method you can try is to run the built-in troubleshooter. Running Windows Update troubleshooter restarts the Windows Update service and clears the Windows Update cache. In the System and Security section, click Fix problems with Windows Update.
Restart the device again, and then turn Automatic Updates back on.
- Press the Windows key + X and choose Control Panel.
- Select Windows Update.
- Choose Change Settings.
- Change the settings for updates to Automatic.
- Choose OK.
- Restart the device.
What do I do if my Windows 10 won't update?
- Make sure that your device has enough space.
- Run Windows Update a few times.
- Check third-party drivers and download any updates.
- Unplug extra hardware.
- Check Device Manager for errors.
- Remove third-party security software.
- Repair hard-drive errors.
- Do a clean restart into Windows.
How do you fix Windows Update when it gets stuck?
How to fix a stuck Windows update
- 1. Make sure the updates really are stuck.
- Turn it off and on again.
- Check the Windows Update utility.
- Run Microsoft's troubleshooter program.
- Launch Windows in Safe Mode.
- Go back in time with System Restore.
- Delete the Windows Update file cache yourself, part 1
- Delete the Windows Update file cache yourself, part 2.