How do I make a printer go online?
Go to the Start icon on the bottom left of your screen then choose Control Panel and then Devices and Printers. Right click the printer in question and select “See what's printing”. From the window that opens choose “Printer” from the menu bar at the top. Select “Use Printer Online” from the drop down menu.
How do I set my printer to online?
You may also try these:
- Open the Start menu and click on the "Printers and Faxes" icon.
- Double-click on the icon of the printer you want to change to online.
- Go to "Printer" in the menu bar of the pop-up window and uncheck "Use Printer Offline." This action will change the printer from offline to online.
How do I reset my printer?
To restore your HP printer to factory-default settings, follow these steps.
- Turn the product off. Disconnect the power cable from the product for 30 seconds and then reconnect.
- Turn the product on while you press and hold the Resume button for 10-20 seconds. The Attention light turns on.
- Release the Resume button.
How do I reset my printer cartridge?
Take out both the black and color ink cartridges from your printer. Press the “On” button on your printer to turn it on and wait for 20 seconds, then turn it off. Make sure the printer is turned off completely. Repeat above steps for five times so that the HP cartridge identification number is erased from the memory.
How do you add a printer?
Most Android phones have printing capabilities built in, but if your device isn't giving you an option to connect, you'll have to download the Google Cloud Print app.
- First, open Cortana and type in Printer.
- Select Add a Printer or Scanner.
- Now you should be able to print with ease.
How do you trick a printer cartridge?
Shaking the Printer Cartridges
Unplug the printer from the power source and wait at least five minutes for the printer memory to reset. Shake each cartridge a few seconds to redistribute the ink inside. Reinstall the cartridges in the same order as each was removed and then restore power to the printer.
How do I manually add a printer?
Installing a local printer manually
- Open Settings.
- Click on Devices.
- Click on Printers & scanners.
- Click the Add a printer or scanner button.
- Wait a few moments.
- Click The printer that I want isn't listed option.
- Select the Add a local printer or network printer option.
- Click the Next button.