How do I use Google Custom Search?
Google Custom Search is a platform provided by Google that allows web developers to feature specialized information in web searches, refine and categorize queries and create customized search engines, based on Google Search.
- Launched: October 24, 2006; 12 years ago (as Google Co-op)
- Created by: Google
- Type of site: Web search engine
- Written in: C++
To create a custom search engine:
- Sign into Control Panel using your Google Account Recovery Page (get an account if you don't have one).
- In the Sites to search section, add the pages you want to include in your search engine.
- The name of your search engine will be automatically generated based on the URLs you select.
How does Google Custom Search work?
What Is Custom Search? Google Custom Search enables you to create a search engine for your website, your blog, or a collection of websites. You can configure your search engine to search both web pages and images.
Where is Google Custom Search control panel?
To make changes to your Custom Search Engine, access the Control Panel as follows: On the Google customer Service home page, click Manage your existing search engines. (If you haven't yet created one, click Create a Custom Search Engine.) If prompted, sign in with your Google Account.
How do I turn off Google Custom Search?
Remove advertisements in Google Custom Search (GCS)
- Log into GCS and click Control panel next to your Custom Search Engine's (CSE) name.
- From the Control Panel, select the search engine you want to change.
- Click the Ads tab.
- Toggle the "Show Ads" option to off.
How do I change Google Custom Search to normal?
Change the look and feel of your search engine
- From the control panel, select the search engine you want to edit.
- Click Look and feel from the menu on the left and then click the Layout tab.
- Select the layout you want to use for your search engine.
- Click Save & Get Code and insert the new code into your site.