How To Fix Gmail App Not Sending Emails?
If you're having problems sending or receiving email on Gmail App, please try the following:
- Step 1: Update your Gmail app. To get the latest fixes on problems with sending or receiving mail, update your Gmail app.
- Step 2: Restart your device.
- Step 3: Check your settings.
- Step 4: Clear your storage.
- Step 5: Check your password.
- Step 6: Clear your Gmail information.
If you're having problems sending or receiving email on Gmail, please try the following:
Check your data connection
Make sure you have a working data connection by opening a browser and performing a search. If you don't have a working data connection, you won't able to send or receive emails.
Make sure data sync is turned on
To find your sync settings, go to Settings > Data usage > Menu > Auto-sync data.
Try turning sync off and on a few times, even if sync was already on.
Make sure Gmail sync is on
- Open the Gmail app.
- Touch Menu , then Settings.
- Choose an account.
- Make sure Sync Gmail is checked.
Why is my Gmail app Not Working?
Tap on your account and make sure you've checked “Sync Gmail.” Clear your Gmail app data. Open your device's Settings app -> Apps & Notifications -> App Info -> Gmail -> Storage -> Clear Data -> Ok. Once you're done with that, restart your device and see if that did the trick.
Why are my emails not showing up in Gmail?
Fortunately, you should be able to find the source of this problem with a little troubleshooting, and the most common causes of missing mail are easily fixed. Your mail can go missing from your inbox because of filters or forwarding, or because of POP and IMAP settings in your other mail systems.