How To Fix Outlook Not Receiving Emails?
- If you have an Outlook account and you are not able to receive email or send emails or both due to any reason. You can easily fix this problem but before you do anything do get it in the working condition, you should understand the exact problem.
- If you know the problem in the account, you will be able to fix it within few steps or clicks, but if you don’t know the problem it will be very complicated to fix and take much more time.
- If your Outlook not receiving emails you should make sure it is been sent by the sender and the delivery was not failed at the sender’s side. Also, make sure that you are being contacted by using the right email address. You can send a test email to your outlook email address from an alternate email address.
How do I fix my Outlook email?
How to repair Offline Outlook Data File (.ost)
- Open Control Panel.
- Click on User Accounts.
- Click the Mail option.
- In the "Mail Setup" experience, click the Show Profiles button.
- Select the profile with the account you want to fix.
- Click the Properties button.
- Click the Email Accounts button.
- Click the Data Files tab.
There could be other problems as well such as you are trying to send an email but Outlook not sending emails to the email addresses you want to contact. You need to check whether those email addresses are in service or not and if you are connected with the internet or not.
There are several reasons due to which you might get this problem while sending or receiving the email from or to Outlook account as follows:
- If you have configured the Outlook with the email application of the device you need to make sure the settings of the device and the email app on the device are allowing the Outlook to send and receive the emails. You should change the settings of the outlook or the device so that it allows Outlook to send and receive messages.
- If you are not connected with a good internet connection, you might face problems while sending or receiving the email using the Outlook account. Get your device connected with another internet connection and try to use the service.
- If the sender is using the incorrect email address to send the email you will face the same problem.
- If the outlook account page you are on is expired, you should try to logout and login then try to send and receive emails.
These are some common problems you might face while using Outlook account for sending and receiving the emails. You can fix the problems by applying the default rules to the settings of the device, app, and the email account.
If Outlook not receiving emails from Gmail you should check the sending properties of the Gmail as well after a while you change the Outlook settings to fix the problem.