How To Fix Roku Error Code 020?
If you are trying to use your Roku device for streaming but you are not able to use it because it is giving you the error code 020 which is an error related to the high- bandwidth digital content protection (HDCP), you must be wondering, how do I fix HDCP error? Don’t worry because this problem can be fixed easily by performing some troubleshooting instructions for the same.
This problem might appear if you are using a faulty HDMI cable or HDMI connector to connect your TV with the Roku device. You can fix this problem by following the given troubleshooting instructions:
- If you are trying to stream 4K Ultra HD content on your TV through Roku device and getting this problem, you need to set up your Roku device for the 4K Ultra HD content
- If you are not able to get the issue fixed after setting up the Roku for 4K UHD content, you need to unplug the Roku from the TV and the power source and then unplug the power of TV
- Then connect the cables again and make sure that the are connected properly and check if its working or not
- This is how to fix Roku error code 020 but if you are not able to get the issue resolved using the above instructions you need to try the other troubleshooting methods given below:
- You need to try using a new HDMI cable. If the problem is with the HDMI cable, error 020 will be fixed after changing the cable.
- Also, try to connect the HDMI cable with another HDMI input on your TV.
- If you are using an AVR or HDMI switch, you need to try to connect the Roku directly with the TV.
- If you are using a laptop, desktop or monitor, you are suggested to try to use a TV instead.
- Check the display settings of your Roku device and make sure that they are correct.
- Ø If you are trying to connect your TV with the Roku first time and facing this problem, you need to make sure that TV or AVR supports HDCP. For this information, you need to contact the manufacturer of TV or AVR.
If you are not able to get the solution of this problem by using the troubleshooting instruction given in this article, you can contact the Roku customer service team for the same. You can dial the toll-free phone number of Roku customer service and once you are in touch with the live Roku representative, you need to elaborate on your concern and the representative will start assisting you to get the problem fixed for you.