How to fix the WordPress not sending email issue?
- Once activated, click the Settings link (or Settings > Email link in the sidebar) to configure the plugin.
- Once activated, head to Settings > Gmail SMTP to configure the plugin.
- To authorize your WordPress installation to use Google's email servers, you must create a set of secure credentials.
How do I enable email in WordPress?
Configuring the WP Mail SMTP plugin
- Log in to your WordPress site as the administrator.
- In the left-hand pane, click Settings, and then click Email.
- In the From Email text box, type the e-mail address you want to use as the sender.
Can WordPress send emails?
By default, WordPress uses the PHP mail function to send emails generated by WordPress or any contact plugin like WPForms. The industry standard for sending emails is SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol). Unlike the PHP mail function, SMTP increases email deliverability by using proper authentication.
How do I stop emails from WordPress?
The first thing you need to do is login to your WordPress dashboard. Next, select Settings > Discussion in the left side navigation menu. This will take you to the page within WordPress that you can tweak your comment notifications. Scroll down the Discussion Settings page until you see, “E-mail me whenever”.
How do I stop spam on WordPress?
To stop comment spam on your WordPress site, you can:
- Reduce the number of links allowed per post.
- Create a list of 'blacklisted' words.
- Set up a comment moderation system.
- Restrict comment privileges to registered users.
- Use an anti-spam plugin, such as Akismet.
- Move to a third-party comments plugin.
How do I stop registration bots?
These CAPTCHA plugins add a simple Math question to the registration form which is good enough to trick the bots.
Opt for Email Verification
- Visit the 'Settings' tab >User Registration.
- Locate the 'User Activation Method' and click on 'User Email'
- Click on Save Changes