How to Recognize and Avoid Phishing Scams?
The information you give can help fight the scammers.
- If you got a phishing email, forward it to the Anti-Phishing Working Group at email@example.com. If you got a phishing text message, forward it to SPAM (7726).
- Report the phishing attack to the FTC at ftc.gov/complaint.
Where do I send Apple phishing emails?
Please report suspicious emails and messages:
- If you receive a phishing email that's designed to look like it's from Apple, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To report spam or other suspicious emails that you receive in your iCloud.com, me.com, or mac.com Inbox, send them to email@example.com.
Where do I send Yahoo phishing emails?
Mark Yahoo Mail As Spam
- Click the box next to each email you want to mark as spam in your Yahoo Mail account.
- Click the icon of a downward-pointing arrow to the right of the "Spam" button at the top of the Inbox. Click "Report a Phishing Scam" to both report the email to Yahoo and move the email into your "Spam" folder.
What do you do with a phishing email?
What to do when you fall for an email scam
- Change Passwords. If you've clicked the wrong link or provided personal information in response to a phishing scam, change your passwords immediately.
- Notify Credit Agencies.
- Contact Credit Card Companies.
- Update Your Software.
- Check Accounts Regularly.
- Reporting Resources.
- Other helpful resources include:
Can you stop phishing emails?
Install anti-phishing software
Anti-phishing software is a great way to get extra protection. Again, major email providers have decent spam filtering capabilities, but often, it's not enough. If you find your inbox is constantly filling up with phishing emails, this phishing protection software can help.
What happens if you reply to a phishing email?
Simply replying to spam emails mostly just confirms that your email is active, making you a target for future campaigns or scams, according to Fabian Wosar, CRO at Emsisoft. There usually isn't a direct response from scammers.