How To Recover Google Play Account?
Google Play is a service of Google which allows users to download and browse applications in their devices. Google Play is also the default app store for android users. Apart from apps Google Play also offers various music, movies, books, and television programs. Google play can be accessed through the Gmail account. One needs to sign-in their Gmail account to install any app or use other services. If a user is not able to sign in to their Google play account then there could be two reasons for it. Either they have forgotten the password or they do not know their username. However users can recover their account in both these situation. If you don’t know the steps to recover account then this blog will help you.
The steps for Google Play Account Recovery Are Given Below.
In case of forgotten password:
- Go to the Sign-in page.
- Enter your Gmail ID and click ‘Next’.
- Then select ‘Forgot Password’.
- Now enter any last password you know of your account. If you don’t know then click ‘Try another way’.
- Three recovery options will appear - recovery through an alternate email address or mobile number or through security questions.
- You can select the method you want.
- If you select recovery through mobile number then a code, through text or call, will be sent to the same number. You can also click ‘Try another way’.
- If you select recovery through an alternate email address then a code will be sent to this email.
- If you select recovery through security questions then you have to answer few questions based on your account and then provide an email address where Google could contact you.
- When you receive the code, enter it in the space provided.
- This will open a password reset page.
- You can then set a new password and save it.
- In case of forgotten username:
Open your web browser.
- Go to the google Play account recovery page.
- There you will find the ‘Forget email’ option. Click it.
- Now you will be asked to mention either your phone number linked with this account or a recovery email.
- You can choose to enter any one of these options.
- Once you enter it, you will have to type your first and last name.
- After this a code will be sent to your email or phone depending on what option you selected above.
- After you receive the code, enter it in the blank field.
- Now a list of usernames matching with your account will either be sent to you or will appear on your screen.
- You can then select yours. and follow the further instruction given on screen to retrieve your account.
If you face any problem in Google Play account reset password or recovery then you can contact the customer support of Google. You can also contact them if you have any doubt or queries. The customer service executives are highly trained and skilled. They have all the technical knowledge related to Google and its working. Therefore they will be able to assist you properly.