How to Set, Reset, Remove and Recover The Password of Ms Word?
Ho you know how to Set, reset, recover, As is known to all, password-protecting your MS Word documents is quite important to guarantee that unofficial users cannot access your confidential contents. Yet, given that so many applications and programs require passwords nowadays, what if you forgot or misplace those passwords? The answer is in creating an easy-to-use and safe way to recover MS Word passwords.
If you have a generic Microsoft Word 2007/2010/2013 problem, or you just changed your default font, borders and/or page size and you can’t remember how to undo those changes, you can easily reset your settings back to default by deleting some files.
Please follow these steps:
Close Word application;
Delete Normal.DOTM and BuildingBlocks.DOTX: these files are rebuilt automatically next time Word is started.
Normal.DOTM and BuildingBlocks.DOTX usually reside in C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates (Username is your Windows profile name);
The default NORMAL.DOTM file used for new profiles can be stored in C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates.
Use regedit to delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Word\Data key: it will be rebuilt automatically next time Word is started.
1- Set a password to protect a Word 2007 file
1.1 Open the Word file you want to protect.
Click the Microsoft Office Button.on the top left side, and then click to ->Prepare->Encrypt Document.
- In the Encrypt Document dialog box, input a password in the Password box and click OK.
- In the Confirm Password dialog box, enter the previous password again and click OK.
- At last, save the password and the MS word 2007 file.
How To Recover/Reset Password of an encrypted MS Word Document.
- Open the Word file and enter the password.
- Click the Microsoft Office button.Click Save As, and on the bottom of the Save As dialog box, click Tools.
- On the Tools menu, click General Options. The General Options dialog opens.
- Under File sharing options for this document, in the Password to modify box, type a password.
- In the Confirm Password dialog, re-type the password. Click OK.
- Click Save.
Search for AutoRecover files
By default, Word searches for AutoRecover files every time that it starts, and then it displays all that it finds in the Document Recovery task pane.
Use Word to automatically find the AutoRecover files. To do this, follow these steps:
Right-click the taskbar, and then select Task Manager.
On the Processes tab, click any instance of Winword.exe or Microsoft Word, and then click End Process. Repeat this step until you have exited all instances of Winword.exe and Word.
Close the Windows Task Manager dialog box, and then start Word.
If Word finds the AutoRecover file, the Document Recovery task pane opens on the left side of the screen, and the missing document is listed as "document name [Original]" or as "document name [Recovered]." If this occurs, double-click the file in the Document Recovery pane, click Save As on the File menu, and then save the document as a .doc file. Manually change the extension to .doc, if you have to.
Use Word to manually search for AutoRecover files. To do this, follow these steps: If the Recovery pane does not open, manually search for AutoRecover files. To do this, use one of the following procedures, as appropriate for the version of Word that you're running.
- How do I restore an unsaved Word document?
- How do I retrieve a Word document that I saved over?
- How do I retrieve a document that was not saved?
- How do you retrieve a document you didn t save?
- How do I recover unsaved Word document 2013?
- How do I recover a file I saved over?
- Can you recover overwritten files?
- Can you retrieve a document that you saved over?
- How can I retrieve overwritten files?
- How do I restore a previous version of a Word document?
- How can I recover overwritten Excel files?
- How do I recover a previous version of an Excel document?
- How do you recover a Word document?
- How do you retrieve a deleted file from Word?
- How can I retrieve a Word document not saved on 2007?
- Can I retrieve a Word document that wasn t saved?