How To Track Phone if Lost?
Remotely find, lock, or erase
- Go to android.com/find and sign in to your Google Account. If you have more than one phone, click the lost phone at the top of the screen. ...
- The lost phone gets a notification.
- On the map, you'll get info about where the phone is.
- Pick what you want to do.
How do you locate a lost cell phone that is turned off for free?
How to Find Location of a Turned OFF Android?
- Open Google Maps in the browser.
- Log in to the Google Account which is configured on the lost device.
- Expand the Menu on the left side.
- Go to 'Your Timeline'.
- Filter by 'Today' to narrow down the travel route.
How can I track my lost Android phone?
To track your device, you can also go to google.com/android/find in any browser, whether on your computer or another smartphone. If you're logged into your Google account you can also just type “find my phone” into Google. If your lost device has access to the internet and location is on you'll be able to locate it.
What should I do if my phone is lost?
That's not always the case, however, so here's what you should do immediately after losing your smartphone.
- Call or Text Your Phone.
- Lock It Down.
- Locate Your Phone Via GPS.
- Set Up a Lock-Screen Message.
- Report Your Phone Lost or Stolen.
- Protect Your Accounts.
- Suspend Your Service.
- Wipe All Data From Your Phone.
Can a mobile phone be tracked when switched off?
When you turn off your phone, it will stop communicating with nearby cell towers and can be traced only to the location it was in when it was powered down. According to a report from Washington Post, NSA is capable of tracking cell phones even when they are turned off. And this isn't anything new.