Why is Your AOL Account Deactivated and How to Reactivate AOL Email?
There could be any reason behind your AOL account deactivating. And if your AOL account is deactivated, you should check the given points to know the reason behind your AOL account deactivation:
- You haven't used your AOL account for 90 days.
- Also, you may request to delete your AOL account. Before deleting an AOL account, it gets deactivated for some time.
- It may also happen that your AOL account is involved in such activities that violate AOL's terms of services.
Apart from this, if an AOL account is not used for more than 180 days, the account can be deleted. Moreover, once your account is deleted, you will not be able to access the data and information stored on your AOL account. Hence it is advised to use your AOL account often. In addition, if your account is deactivated, you can do the AOL account recovery to get access again to your AOL account. And to help you in this here is a step by step procedure to reactivate your AOL account. Go through it.
Follow the Given Steps to Reactivate Your AOL Account Recovery
To reactivate your AOL account, you need to simply log in to your AOL account. And you may require to answer some questions to prove ownership. If you are not able to do so, you can perform the AOL Account recovery with these given steps:
- First and foremost, you need to open the login page of the AOL website.
- Once you reach there, you have to select the Login/Join option.
- Then, you are required to enter the username of your AOL account and click the Next option.
- On the next page, you have to choose the Forgot Password? option.
- In this way, you need to enter the phone number linked to your AOL account to get a code. Or else, you can get the verification on the email address associated with your AOL account.
- Depending on your choice to receive the verification code, you will require to enter the code in the given field to proceed with the AOL account recovery process.
- As soon as, you'll get the code, enter it, and get a password reset option on your screen.
- Next, create a strong yet easy to remember the password for your AOL account. Also, by retyping the password, confirm the password.
- Lastly, you need to save the new password and enjoy AOL account access.
Get Your AOL Email Account Reactivated Without Wasting Time From Anywhere
Once you complete the above steps, you will no longer worry about accessing your AOL and can re-active without much of a stretch. Besides, if you see any problem while doing the above steps, you get stuck with a problem and not able to fix the problem, you can contact the AOL account recovery support team. The team will help you around the clock and provide you all the required assistance to regain access to your AOL deactivated account. So, dial the AOL helpline number and get instant help from the tech experts.
In case you sign in to your AOL email account after the ninetieth day but before the 180th day, then your account will get reactivated and you will start getting new emails again. After you reactivate the AOL email, you will be able to use it normally.
Can I reactivate a deactivated AOL account?
When you log in between 90 and 180 days, then you will be able to reactivate AOL account and start getting emails. Your account shall function normally but any email you got during AOL account deactivated due to inactivity shall not be there.
How can I reactivate my AOL email account?
To activate the AOL Account we can do various steps : We can reactivate our paid subscription. We can change the existing plan of the AOL account. Also, we can cancel the previous subscription that has been taken for the AOL account.
How do I reactivate my email account?
Reactivate your Email Address
- Click on the gear icon to the right of the email address you wish to reactivate.
- Click Reactivate Mailbox.
- Click Reactivate.
- Your email address is now reactivated!
Why did AOL delete my account?
Actions that may result in an account being deleted:
Your account was inactive for an extended period of time. Your account was used in a way that violates our Terms of Service. When an account violates any of the policies in our Terms of Service, it may be deleted. You requested that your account be deleted.