Why Netflix Not Working on Android TV?
Netflix says 'This app is not compatible with your device.'
- If you haven't already, uninstall the Netflix app.
- After you've uninstalled the app, go to Settings.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Security.
- Check the box next to Unknown Sources: Allow installation of apps from sources other than the Play Store.
- Tap OK to confirm this change.
Why is My Netflix Not Working on my Android Box?
You need to refresh the data to get the Netflix app working again. Open the Android Settings app and navigate to Settings > Device > Apps. Then scroll down and tap on the Netflix entry. Within the Netflix sub-menu, go to Storage > Clear Data and the information on your device will be refreshed.
Why is my Netflix app not working on my TV?
Unplug your television
Additionally, you can try restarting your television, especially if you're noticing your TV freezes when trying to launch the application. To do this, unplug your TV for at least a minute and hold the power button for at least 5 seconds. Plug your TV back in and open Netflix.
How do I reset Netflix on my TV?
Reset the Netflix app
- From the Home screen, select Settings.
- Swipe down until you locate the Netflix app.
- Select Netflix.
- Slide the Reset toggle to the On position.
- Press the Home button to return to the Home screen.
- Press the Home button twice and swipe right until you locate the Netflix app.