Can you change your Telegram Number?
Yes. You can change your number on Telegram any time you want, as there was a time when people created Telegram accounts for different purposes. They used any random number to create an account on Telegram. But now, the situation is demanding something else, and people need Telegram for chatting purposes also. For that, they need to change the number on Telegram without losing any data.
How can I change my old Telegram phone number?
If you want to change the Telegram phone number on your device, you need to follow the steps given below
- You need to open your Telegram app on the phone and open the menu from the top left sidebars.
- Now you need to click on the Settings option from the bottom.
- You will get on the page with your personal details.
- You have to click on the phone number just below your profile picture.
- You can click on the Change the Number option to change your old number.
- You have to enter your new number and tap on the tick mark given at the top right corner of the page.
- You will get a verification code from Telegram on a phone call or text message.
- You have to enter the code in the given space to complete the Telegram verification process.
- Now click on the OK button to send the update of your new number to all your contacts.
By following the above steps, you can change your Telegram number into a new one. If you want to know what changes will happen after changing the number, check the segment given below.
What changes will I see after changing my number on Telegram?
Telegram is a cloud-based app, so all the data gets stored in the cloud. So, there will not be any significant changes that you will witness. You can resume the chats where you left. All the media and data stored on your old number will remain the same.
So, we hope that you got the answer of can you change your Telegram number. If you feel stuck in some steps while changing the number, you can contact the customer service of Telegram to get help with the procedure.