How Do You Recall an Email in Outlook?
To recall and replace a message
- In the folder pane on the left of the Outlook window, choose the Sent Items folder.
- Open the message that you want to recall.
- From the Message tab, select Actions > Recall This Message.
How do you recall an email in Outlook 2019?
Double-click the email message that you want to recall or replace. Or, select File > Info > Resend or Recall > Recall This Message. In the Recall This Message box, select an option: Select Delete unread copies of this message to recall the sent message.
How do you know if a message was successfully recalled in Outlook?
When you had the option “Tell me if recall succeeds or fails for each recipient” enabled, you'll receive notifications once the recall message got processed by the recipient. Once you have received it (or the first one in the case of multiple recipients), you'll also see a tracking icon for your original sent item.
How do I recall an email in Outlook?
Here's how to recall a mistakenly-sent email.
- Navigate to the Sent folder to bring up your recently sent items.
- Double-click the message you intend to recall.
- Click "Actions" and select "Recall this message" from the drop-down.
- Decide whether to delete the message outright, or replace it with a corrected version.