What can I Do To Solve My Roku error 014?
Do you need assistance with Roku error code 014 and want to know how to solve it? In general, Roku customers experience uninterrupted viewing with no disruptions or issues. The Roku streaming device's sole fault is receiving error codes. Roku may display error codes to indicate that something is false with it. The Roku error code 014 is very common, and it typically indicates that the device is having trouble connecting to the Wi-Fi network. Is that really necessary for you to know what can I do to solve my Roku error 014? In that situation, please refer to the information provided below.
How can The Roku Error Code 014 Be Fixed?
Users who encounter the error code 014 on their Roku device are really not linked to Wi-Fi network. Your Internet connection may be down, or you may have entered incorrect information in the Wi-Fi settings. If the Roku device is unable to connect to Wi-Fi due to error messages 014, you have a few solutions for fixing the issue. The user can solve the Roku error code 014 by following the methods described below.
Network Pings should be turned off
- · The issue may be fixed by using the Roku control to display the network pings.
- · After pressing the home button five times, hit the forward and play keys.
- · You must now push the play, forward, and rewind buttons all at the same time.
- · You'll be presented with the window menu; select 'Disable network pings.'
- · This will assist you in resolving error code 014.
Restart your Roku device
- · Remove Roku device from console first, then turn it off.
- · After that, switch off your console and your internet router.
- · Then wait a bit before reconnecting both of them to the power supply.
- · After that, turn the gadgets on one by one as well.
- · And finally, connect your Roku device to the console.
Examine the Wi-Fi settings
- · To begin, press and hold the Home button on the Roku remote.
- · After that, go to the Menu settings and click on it.
- · Then, from settings menu, select the Wi-Fi network.
- · After that, go to Setup Connection and then to Wireless.
- · Following that, you must select the Home Network. Check to see whether your Wi-Fi password is correct.
Update the Software
- · Your Roku device may require a software update when you get the error code 014.
- · Connect the Roku device to a different Wi-Fi, such as your smartphone or tablet's cellular hotspot
- · Or physically connect your Roku device to the router with an Ethernet connection.
- · After that, update your software to access the "Secret Screen," connect to the internet.
- · To deactivate network pings, simply repeat option 1 after the software upgrade.
- · Finally, you must be able to link to the Wi-Fi network with no difficulty.
Furthermore, you may contact Roku customer service to be assisted by a technical representative who is available there if you are unable to address any issue on your own. At the same time, the strategies mentioned above are most effective ways to solve your Roku device error code 014 during the time you're confronting the issue.