Why Alexa Is Not Responding?
If you say your device's wake word but Alexa does not respond, it is likely one of a few common issues. Before you begin troubleshooting, make sure your device has power and internet access. Check the Alexa app to make sure all devices are set up on a single Amazon account.
How do you troubleshoot Alexa?
Streaming Issues on Alexa Devices
- Turn off unused devices that are also connected to Wi-Fi.
- Move the Echo closer to the wireless router and away from walls, metal objects or other possible sources of interference.
- Turn off the modem and router.
- Wait 30 seconds.
- Restart the modem.
- Restart the router.
How do I reconnect my Alexa to WIFI?
Connect Echo to Wi-Fi
- In the Alexa app, open the left navigation panel and then select Settings.
- Select your device and then select Update Wi-Fi. ...
- On your Echo device, press and hold the Action button until the light ring changes to orange. ...
- Select your Wi-Fi network and enter the network password (if required). ...
- Select Connect.
How do I set up Alexa?
How to set up an Amazon Echo
- Step 1: Download the Alexa App.
- Step 2: Plug in the Echo.
- Step 3: Connect the Echo to Wi-Fi via the app.
- Step 4: Start talking to Alexa.
- Step 5: Start using your Echo.
- Optional Step 6: Connect smart home devices or an external speaker.