How do I Get my E-ticket with my Flight with American Airlines?
- Check in on aa.com and choose 'Email with Mobile Option.
- Check your email from your mobile device and follow the link to get your mobile boarding pass.
- Save the boarding pass to your device for easy access at security and when you board.
How do You Get Your Paper Receipt?
The airline should have sent you a confirmation - if you made the reservation by telephone this could have arrive via "snail mail" but most people receive them by e-mail.
The ticket dosen't look much like the ticket we used to get when paper ruled. It almost looks like a letter. It lists the flights you're booked on, the fare and a breakdown of all the taxes and the ticket number. American Airlines ticket numbers start 001 (British Airways begin 125 and Air France 057 etc). There is then a 10 digit number and there should be one extra number but if it's not there don't worry. There will also be all the terms and conditions (the contract) and that takes up several more pages than the ticket itself.
It may be that the documentation you've already received is your paper copy, if it's an e-mail it may be an attachment (usually a PDF). If you can't find it you need to contact the airline for a copy. You can do that online by looking at your booking and following the links to your ticket and then printing it. If you can't do it online, phone the airlines (or if you made the booking through an agency phone them).
A lot of people think you don't need the paper copy. You simply turn up, present an acceptable form of ID (listed on the airline website) and away you go.I always carry my paper copy.
- It can be useful when things go wrong and
- Some immigration officers want to see it when you travel internationally